We are recruiting! We have an opportunity for someone with administrative and communications skills to join a motivated team.
You are someone who…
- Loves people and will come to serve.
- Is well-organised and efficient.
- Enjoys being part of a team and wants to serve with others.
- Work in our Church Office as part of our administration team, working with the Admin Support Team, who oversee the administration of the church.
- Encourage and support our church family to reflect God’s love and care for one another.
- Oversee arrangements for the occasional offices including funerals, weddings, baptisms and confirmations.
- Liaise with ministers, funeral directors, organists, vergers, choirs, flower arrangers, bell ringers and others to facilitate life events.
- Support the Connect Team to organise community events and outreach activities including Remembrance services, the Lutterworth Light Switch On and our regular Service to Remember.
- Communicate with the church family and wider community using phone, email and church management software, maintaining and updating church database and calendar.
- Produce weekly Church News in printed and email form to encourage and support those in our church family.
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails on behalf of the church.
- Ensure the church buildings are kept presentable.
- Prepare and deliver emergency foodbank parcels.
- Provide PA support to ministers when required and take minutes of meetings.
- Record and administer weddings, banns, funerals, burials, burial returns, churchyard and memorial book records.
- Keep statistics of regular services and complete CCLI reporting.
- Periodically update and distribute the Church Directory.
- Compile and deliver Church at Home packs for church members unable to visit in person.
- Manage bookings for our church buildings through church management and calendar software.
- Maintain adequate stocks of supplies in our church buildings including organising the servicing of office equipment.
- Support the Connect Team and Welcome Team to organise a team of volunteers who can open the church each morning for midweek coffee drop-in.
- Update the physical noticeboards, on-site signage, social media pages and website, liaising with our designer to produce publicity.
- Grow as part of our team, helping with other areas of church life when necessary, with the room for role advancement according to your skills and the needs of the church.
Your Personality and Skills
We are looking to appoint someone who has experience in administration and an understanding of how this might work in a church environment, particularly regarding communication within the church and outreach to those in our local community. Your attitude and willingness to learn is more important than your current skills.
You will have…
- An engaging personality, patient, warm and open.
- Organisational skills to plan and co-ordinate church and community activities.
- Good competence in IT, with a willingness to learn church management software.
- Comfortable working with a team of different people.
- Self-motivated to work without constant supervision, but with support.
- Honest and reliable in all your dealings.
Hours: This role is for 15-25 hours per week which would normally be worked across the week, such as multiple four-hour days. Additional hours may be available depending on funding and workload. There is an expectation of flexibility with some work in evenings.
Salary: £9.90 – £10.90 per hour. We never pay less than the Living Wage, as defined by the Living Wage Foundation, at £9.90 per hour.
Employer: The Parochial Church Council of St Mary’s Church Lutterworth
Term of Office: This position is permanent. A probationary period of three months will apply prior to confirmation of the post and thereafter three months’ notice is required by either party, in the event of a termination of contract.
Pension: Unless you choose to opt-out, you will be enrolled in the Church Workers Pension Scheme with effect from the start of your employment.
Christian Faith: There is no occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be a practising Christian, but you must be in strong sympathy with our vision and ethos, willing to act in a manner consistent with being a member of a Christian organisation. This position requires the successful candidate to be sensitive and confident as a public ambassador for the church in the local community and wider world. It is therefore important that you are able to develop and promote opportunities for Christian mission as the church seeks to grow. Knowledge of the church environment as a practising Christian would be an advantage in the role.
Holiday: The holiday entitlement is 30 days per year, pro-rata, including bank holidays. It is sometimes necessary to work on a bank holiday (e.g. Good Friday)
Safeguarding: Because this role involves being in a position of trust with children and vulnerable adults, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are all about Jesus!
We are a fellowship of three churches, with the villages of Cotesbach and Bitteswell sitting on either side of Lutterworth, a small market town in South Leicestershire. Over the past few years, we have seen significant growth, and we want to meet the challenges and opportunities God has given us.
We are committed to bold and relevant evangelism, faithful and dynamic Bible teaching, with consistent and kind pastoral care. John Wycliffe was rector here in the 14th Century and we intentionally place ourselves in that spiritual heritage – seeking to make the good news of Jesus accessible to everyone.
Join the Team
We are a Christian family seeking to serve God in the work he is doing all around us. We have a strong and committed ministry leadership team, consisting of both employees and volunteers. We have sought to build a varied team, leading and enabling a broad range of ministry working to everyone’s strengths.
Part of the Diocese of Leicester
The diocesan vision is to be Shaped by God and to see growth of the Kingdom of God in:
- the depth of discipleship,
- the number of disciples of Jesus,
- loving service of the world.
Here in Lutterworth, Cotesbach and Bitteswell we want to see God’s kingdom come.
Want to find out more?
An application form can be downloaded below. Please also read through our annual review and vision booklets to familiarise yourself with what working with us looks like. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received on or before Monday 14th March 2022
Interviews will be scheduled for the week beginning 28th March 2022
If you would like any more information before applying for the role, please contact our Assistant Minister, Ben Horrex.
St Mary’s Church, Church Gate, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 4AN